CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Baby Shower for Reid (Part II)

My mom & I hosted Brittany's friends/close family friends shower this afternoon. I LOVE to plan parties & showers. It turned out really nice, I think. The guests were in no hurry to leave, and I love that!! I sent little labels with the invitations and asked guests to bring a children's book instead of a card; I thought it would be a special way to expand Reid's library. He got some great classics like Dr. Seuss books, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," a nursery rhyme book, "Where the Wild Things Are," and I had to make sure he got the Bernstein Bears' "Messy Room"-- one of Britt's favorites.

AnnOlivia's Sweetshop is a pretty new addition to our town. Her cupcakes are UNBELIEVABLY delicious! The comment I hear most from people who try them is, "That's the best cupcake I've ever had!" These were our dessert, and my mom and I made four dips for appetizers: 7 Layer Mexican Dip, Bacon & Tomato Dip, Spinach Dip, & Buffalo Chicken Dip (everyone loved it & wanted the recipe:).
I found these gorgeous flowers at Wal-Mart!

 (This one is blurry because I got it off Britt's Facebook album:).
Ava LOVES her Aunt Brittany!
Our great-aunt Till and Aunt Bobbie
Mimi can't wait to spoil her first grandson!!! Reid will be so loved on by his family!






1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you all had a lot of fun! I love the book idea, and the cupcakes look amazing. Your house looked great as always! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)