I've lost ten pounds with about twenty to go. Once I FINALLY saw the scale budging, I got motivated to continue. It's not easy. And at age 31, here's what I know about myself (I'm sure I'll need to read this back ever so often!):
1. I love food-- anything from home cooking to sushi and everything in between.
2. My sweet tooth seems to get worse with each baby. I wake up in the night sometimes and want to get up to have a nibble of something. Not having it in the house helps, of course.
3. I have to have a workout partner. Period. I do not have the discipline to do it alone even though the act of exercising is something I enjoy (once I'm doing it). Currently, my partner is Jamie, and we've been doing a variety of Jillian Michaels videos. I like them because they aren't long and within a month of starting, I felt stronger.
4. A cup of coffee in the afternoon curbs that need to snack, especially something sweet. Never thought I'd love coffee this much.
5. I buy way too many shoes when I'm not at my goal weight because clothes shopping is no fun. Ha!
Alright, I'll update when this next ten comes off. I can't wait!
courage for the week 4.23.17
2 hours ago