CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet Summer Days...

Today, Ava & I did some fun stuff! When I was a little girl, Brittany & I always spent a week in Lambert, MS, with our grandmother. Many things stick out in my mind about those wonderful days like playing outside, taking walks, going swimming with her neighbor's grandkids, Bible school, "fixing" her hair, the swing in the tree, going to feed the baby calf "Red" before my grandfather passed away, & I could go on & on...but one thing that I probably loved more than anything was the dough she made for us to play with. It was perfect! I made that dough for Ava today for the first time; she loved it! Bittersweet memories because I miss my grandmother terribly.


My friend from church, Lauren, came over today to paint with me while Ava took a nap (she has not liked her naps lately, so she ended up outside painting with us...) Then, she took a nap (notice the paint on her?) in her Little Mermaid costume on the couch. Precious.


We started the day out with a good swim! She likes to do everything I do:)


I also went running today (shocker), and Ron cooked a delicious dinner...Then we watched The Bachelorette after Ava went to sleep. It was a wonderful summer day.

1 comment:

  1. Love the sweet pictures especially of the one of sleeping Ava! By the way, I found a plastic set of pickles in the pocket of my dress! Sweet times!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)