My summer to-do list:
For teachers summer is when we "get it all done"! I have quite the list, and as most people can relate to a shortage on the funds to finish the list...Oh well, it makes me feel better to type it- ha! If I have a specific goal to work toward it keeps me going. I hope to have lots of this list completed by July 10 (Ava's 3rd Birthday Party:).
- Lots of landscaping- We want some trees, hydrangea plants, edgers for our flowerbeds, ect
- I want my covered patio to be more homey. Right now I have a nice black iron table/4 chair set. I want colorful cushions and potted plants.
- I really want a screen door for our patio. We spend a lot of time outside grilling and playing. I would paint it a fun color.
- I want a swing on the patio too. One of my grandmothers had a swing on her porch that we all spent lots of summer days on fighting off mosquitoes in the Delta!
- Dining room curtains and fabric to recover dining room chairs...since my rug is traditional and the table/chairs are antique, I want a little more contemporary fabric to keep it young and fresh.
- I have all scored, stained concrete floors which I LOVE, but they aren't too cozy. I need two large rugs--one for the hearth room, the other for the great room.
- Curtains for the hearth room
- I have so many great pictures that aren't on display. I want to have my favorites printed on canvas.
- I have nothing on the wall in the only long hallway in the house.
- My front door is French Country style- wood with glass panes- no privacy. When I was out at yard sales last month, a lady had the same door. She had created an awesome Roman shade for it! Same thing with our back door- no privacy. After living here for 2 years, I think it's about time to fix that!
- Our master bedroom needs more furniture. I'd like an armoire, upholstered chair, and maybe a bench or trunk at the foot of the bed. I also need more wall art. I think it would be neat to do canvases of Ron and me from different seasons of our lives together--dating, engaged, wedding, first home, first baby,...
- I need a narrow piece of furniture for the entryway.
- I am going to paint my breakfast table and chairs black (already dreading that, but at least it'll be a cheap project).
- Recover my bar stools; I've never liked the khaki microfiber fabric that's on them now.
- I want to take down the wall mirrors in both bathrooms and replace them with nice framed mirrors.