CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fireplace Makeover with Fall Decor

When we moved in, one of the big things that bugged me in the living room was the fireplace. Three weeks after moving in, I broke out the paintbrushes and got busy-- some of this was done at 2 am. I get in 'mode' plus Ava's birthday party was that week, so I was highly motivated. Ha! I should host something here every week (poor Ron).

BEFORE: We knew we weren't going to use the cut out for the tv, so it was filled in. It wasn't that I didn't like the wood, it just didn't look great with my stuff. And I really disliked the hunter green marbled tile!


AFTER: Using leftover paint from another project and my bedroom paint, I painted the tile black (it took about 3 coats) and the mantle, Rainwashed. The new wall color is SW Accessible Beige (I was nervous about picking out this color, but I really like it- it has a slight gray undertone) , about two shades lighter than what was originally in here.
lantern, Gordman's; candlestick; gift; moss ball, Gordman's; mirror, Target; sugar mold, thrift store; white pumpkins, farmers' market; burlap banner, homemade; vase, GP, wedding gift; sticks, Hobby Lobby; antique drawing of church, yard sale
I'm happy with how it turned out, and Ron's happy that I didn't spend any money on it;)
 
 
 
 
 
  

3 comments:

I love reading comments! Thanks:)