CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 21, 2012

3rd Trimester Highlights

With the exception of the last few days, I think the third trimester went by the quickest-- probably because of very busy schedules. I knew that there were things that absolutely had to be done (like my grades which I turned in 5 days before her birth--pretty good for this procrastinator) and needed to be done (deep cleaning, washing baby clothes, buying last minute items, packing...).

I always had a running to-do list that I loved marking off tasks on! I tried my best to keep up with shopping needs, shopping wants, what to get out of our storage unit, what to pack for Ron, Ava, Addison, and me for the hospital stay, what needed to be done, and then the fun list was the one-month countdown:) So, I tried to knock out a few things per week and still keep up with Ava, housework, schoolwork, and church activities. More things found their way to Goodwill too. I guess it's all part of nesting, and I could really tell in the last week or two that I had a surge of energy where that's concerned.

Some really fun things about this trimester were all the kicking and moving around Addison did. She even kicked on command for Ron and Ava a few times! Ron and I went on a few date nights; we plan to make that a more frequent habit as soon as possible. Spring break was a great time to rest and change up our routine. Jamie and I had several decorating jobs which I always enjoy, but I could tell that they took a toll on me! I don't think I missed a single Saturday of thrifting this trimester. Going to all the doctor appointments was kinda fun because it meant the big day was getting closer. I went to the Mid-South Homeschool Convention and chose curriculum for this fall. Two of my close friends at church had babies, so it was fun to see the new little ones that will be in Addison's age group. Also, my sister is pregnant with her second baby; she and I have laughed about all our crazy symptoms. We texted each other in the middle of night if we were awake (which I usually was!). And I would try to imagine what it'll be like to have another tiny, precious newborn. When I was lying awake at night, I thanked God for this gift and prayed for her to be healthy.

Physically, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I didn't have gestational diabetes this time! My two pregnancies were very similar; however, this one was harder with lots of back trouble, more fatigue, more insomnia, and much, much more swelling of hands, feet, and ankles. I also got another sinus infection this trimester which lasted about 3 weeks:( Miserable! I gained a total of 30 pounds.

39 weeks and on the way to the hospital!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Thanks:)