CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Amanda's Entry

Back in June, Jamie and I decorated Amanda's entryway; we've helped her with making over her dining room, living room, girls' bath, and kitchen. Amanda is great to work with because she's a 'go getter'! If we suggest things, she'll help us find them (and for a deal!). I don't have the before pictures yet, so I'll just explain. It was bare and needed a plan.

Jamie found this table and lamp at Gordman's for around $70 total. The layout of this entry way was a little tricky, but the table fit perfectly. We asked Amanda for a large family picture; love it! She had the pretty blue pottery and family rules sign that we could incorporate. Below the table we used one of her baskets for her girls' boots.
I saw this Southern Living at Home canvas on sale through Facebook on a swap shop page for $25, I think; I stopped on my way to Amanda's to pick it up (planning to use it at my house). Then, we had the perfect area that needed the color-- the walls are a pretty brown, but it made the area seem dark. We used color to brighten the space.
Before this coat rack was stained dark; we asked Amanda to paint it before we came to set up. It's a great piece. We accented it with more color and used some of her pretty scarves too. I love how inexpensive candles are, and they add instant coziness.
Part of the problem that needed to be addressed was adding wall art on a tight budget. This was solved here by using old frames that Amanda had; we asked her to spray paint them various shades of blues and greens. We are always willing to do lots of prep work, but if a client wants to cut costs and do 'homework' we are happy with that too!
Blurry pic from my iPhone. We asked her to paint the back of the door from white to blue to add interest. We found the jute/blue rug (the wrinkles have to fall out) at Target on clearance. (There's Addison in the carrier;). I really love how it turned out. From an area with basically bare walls, no table, no lamp, no area rug to an inviting entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Thanks:)