CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We started our Thanksgiving week with our church's annual Evening with the Turkeys-- a wonderful dinner followed by comedy via volunteers from church- hilarious! Ron and I participated in two of the skits. It was a blast preparing for it.
The next day, I had a doctor's appointment (15 weeks) and got a great report! That afternoon the stomach virus, I think, hit hard. I had to cancel class and prayed that Ron and Ava would not be sick especially with Thanksgiving Day and out-of-town guests. Neither got sick. By Wednesday,  I felt so much better and had to hustle to get the house clean and my dishes made (sweet & sour green beans, potato salad, and ambrosia since Brittany nixed it from our Christmas Eve menu;).
Ron's family came into town Thursday morning, and his mom went to my parents' house with us for Thanksgiving dinner. My sister, brother-in-law, nephew, aunt, uncle, and grandpa came too. We had lots of delicious food including a deep-fried turkey from Ron's new cooker. Brittany and I took our kiddos on a walk- the weather was awesome. After lunch the ladies sat around looking at Black Friday ads and talking. (I could kick myself for not getting pictures of my parents or a family pic!)
Britt and I met at 11:30 PM at Target. It was fun, and I finished shopping for Ava. Unfortunately, I didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I did the previous two years, so I'll be probably shopping 'til the last minute this year.
Ron's brother and sister-in-law came over Friday and Saturday night to visit with us, and they all left Sunday morning. The three of us crashed after church Sunday-- while Ron and Ava napped, I finished reading the book that I started the night before. There's nothing like reading a good book on a cold, rainy holiday weekend:)

Aunt Bobbie with her great-niece & great nephew. She's the best!
Sweet Reid
My girl:)
Pretty Brittany with our kiddos
Papaw Little with the babies
Ron & Job were on a mission to cook the turkey;)
I had to include this one because this is usually how it goes... Ava tries to be little mommy.
Awwww....
Well, Britt and I cooperated...
Mammaw & Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Thanks:)