We've had some December fun this past few weeks!
- We met some friends, Shannon & her family, to watch the Southaven Christmas Parade, and the weather was great (last year we nearly froze). Ava loves her girls. And we were really proud of our church's float that earned the 1st Place Prize!
- Speaking of our church, the first annual Dream Team Gala was held as a thank you for all the people who help make everything run smoothly. It was a wonderful evening complete with great food, semi-formal attire, hilarious speaker, and "red carpet" pics. Ava stayed with Aunt Brittany while we were there, but she begged to go saying, "I promise I can act fancy." Love it!
- Each year we have a Ladies' Christmas Banquet, and volunteers are assigned a table to host and decorate. I had so much fun sitting at Kristan's table! She is very creative and thoughtful. It's really neat to arrive a little early and see how the hostesses decorate. We had around 20 tables all uniquely designed.
- One of my childhood friends, Eren, has a daughter who is about Ava's age. We were invited to her birthday party which is next door to my grandpa's home. My dad decided he'd drive us down, so that he could visit with his dad while we partied. It was nice day to visit with family and friends. Ava had a blast at the party. Santa was there for a guest appearance, as well as a pony for riding and face-painting!
- My mom spent the night this week, and we spent the next day shopping. Britt and Reid met up with us for a little while. I was so exhausted by the time I got back home!! I was so glad that I was able to mark lots off of my list though!
- I can't believe I'm saying that Ron and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary yesterday! I surprised Ron with a Keurig, and he LOVES it! I looked back at my wedding pictures and at that young 21 year-old girl standing there! As my pastor's wife says, "Marriage is designed to get better and better." I agree. I truly love him more today than I did nine years ago.
- Well, today the plan is to finish cleaning this place! Ugh, the dreaded laundry has piled up again! Also, Ava and I will make a quick run (hopefully;) to Wal-mart and cook dinner. Oh, and I still haven't ordered Christmas cards! That has to happen too!
|Great friends: Jamie & Maria|
|We had so much fun at the Gala!|
|Krista's table was an antique, feminine theme so we all had some dress-up accessories to take home. Mine, of course, were hijacked by Ava as soon as I got home:)|
|Jamie's Tiffany-inspired table|
|Maria's table had these pretty snowy branches...|
|I thought these owls were cute!|
|me, Beth, Maria, & Jamie|
|It must be a family tradition to take pictures on Mamaw Little's swing. Ava and Aunt Bobbie...|
|Random pic: Ava and I put this 300-piece puzzle together (not all at once!). We needed a pic before we tore it apart:)|
|We were surprised one morning with SNOW!|
|Ava with Santa|
|Emma & Ava|