CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Trip to Missouri on Spring Break

Although Ron grew up in South Alabama, he doesn't have much family there anymore as his mom and brothers moved to the Branson/Springfield area of Missouri about eight years ago. They are about five hours away from us here in good ol' Mississippi.
We spent three days there since I was off work for spring break! I enjoy traveling there. Even though it's only five hours from here, we travel through four states, and it's kinda of a pretty drive. I bought Ava a mini d.v.d player a while back, but of course, I couldn't find the charger for it! She did great on the trip though. Yay for little naps when she was starting to get restless.  While Ava napped, Ron and I enjoyed listening to some c.d.s that we borrowed from friends; the speaker is Voddie Baucham. Last year when I told Maria, a church friend and homeschooling parent, that I felt led in that direction, she told me about this guy. WOW. He's a fabulous speaker and well-studied biblically, especially regarding God's plan for the family.  I can't say enough good things about the six c.d.s I've heard so far!! I guess I'm off topic... :)
Don't you love trying new restaurants when you are away from home? We do. We love the frozen custard shops in their area. Ugh, I probably gained weight during this break:( We also went to Landry's in Branson- so wonderful!
Ron's mom (Mamaw to Ava) was thrilled that we came for a visit. We got to see Danny and Kayla's new house... And Jim's home renovation and horses and cow... and just hang out and relax a little. Good times.

excited about cookie dough frozen custard:)
We all went to dinner at Cheddar's. 
It looks like all we did was eat.... Not really! Ha!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that big smile in the first picture. I think I must look the same way when sweets are involved! ;o)

    Don’t you LOVE Cheddars! Love there spinach and artichoke dip, and their pasta cesar salad. Even though it's a salad I'm certain it must have more calories that a hamburger.

    Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)