CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

10 Year Class Reunion

I had such a wonderful time at our 10 year high school reunion! It was great to hang out with my friends that I do keep in touch with & to see people that I probably haven't seen in 10 years. You know how dress shopping is stressful? I normally have something specific in mind for a certain event and can't find it....Well, I had a very stressful week, LONG story, and my sweet, thoughtful friend Niki bought me a dress; I didn't have to shop or try on anything- it fit perfect; I got a necklace to match and that was done! So thankful!! One of my best friends Meg was in charge of getting it all together--she did a phenomenal job!! We had the reunion at the Como Inn. Como, MS is one of those OLD southern towns that never seem to change; it's like walking down the street in the 1960s, maybe. Anyway, it's a cool place with a famous steakhouse and several cool bed & breakfast-type places. The tables were beautifully decorated, and the catered appetizers were yummy. One of our classmates is now a photographer, so he set up in one corner & took fun pics (we even took one in the old clawfoot tub on the side of the dance floor...gotta get my hands on that one..and we played dress up in the decorations:). We watched our senior video and laughed like crazy at ourselves! The sad thing about the night is that not even 50% of our class came...I think they would have if they would have realized how much fun we had. At the end of the night, there was just a handful of my closest friends still on the dance floor dancing to some songs we loved in high school. Then about 12 of us stayed upstairs in the awesome, picturesque inn (there's a pic of the room we stayed in)! We sat on the deck for a while reminscing about the night and high school and started the morning out there too with our coffee and homemade goodies left by the "innkeeper." Ron and I started dating a few months before my senior year in high school, so he's known a lot of these people for over ten years; he said he had a great time too which makes for a perfect evening: a much needed night out!



2 comments:

  1. You look so great. That is the perfect dress! And I love the decor at the Inn. How fun.

    I hope Katie is as cute as Ava when she's 3. And I can't wait to be able to do something with her crazy hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 10 year reunion is coming up as well. I haven’t decided if I’m going or not. Looks like you had a blast at yours! Love the dress and the necklace! Oh and the little in is too precious!!

    Kendra aka Domestic Princess in Training :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)