CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July 2012

We had a great Fourth of July! It started with a leisurely morning of blogging and coffee and snuggling with the girls followed by some packing. Then Ron took Ava swimming (the temperature was around 98 degrees and miserably humid) while Addison and I ran to Target. On the way, I chatted with my parents who had decided to stay home in the a/c! We had a yummy dinner thanks to Chef Ron of grilled pork chops, chicken, rice, and salad. I stopped off at Brittany's to stay in the cool and sample her homemade Oreo ice cream- delicious!
Next, we headed out to our traditional spot to watch fireworks and enjoy our church's praise band. This is our 6th year in a row to do this as a family, and it holds a special place in my heart. As I sit there watching the fireworks, I always reminenece about how the first year that we attended I was pregnant with Ava (she was born six days later); and I was thinking about how last year, I had no idea that I'd be holding sweet Addison this year. Thankful beyond words for our growing family, our freedom, and our abundance of friends. God is good.

My festive babies! I completed a pinterest project! :) No sewing required!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Brooke! Glad y'all had a good fourth. Love their outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the outfits! Your girls are perfect models! I love starting the day slowly with coffee in my hand!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)