A few things about moving...
1. My back hurts.
2. It's even harder since this go around I don't have a garage for the overflow.
3. I feel guilty because people took time away from their family to help (but thankful too).
4. I have sat in the middle of the floor, looked at all the boxes, and cried.
5. After spending four nights in the new place, it feels a little more like home.
6. Life goes on around you... On the agenda for this week has been a Memorial Day Cookout, dance lessons for Ava, teaching a night class, a funeral, and a wedding....
7. I vow to pack smarter in the future.
8. My husband has been incredible. He's painted the apartment, even though he thought the beige walls were perfectly okay. He organized the actual move. He's been so sweet when I've had my emotional moments!
9. I thought I was over my house, but I have missed it so much this week. I guess it's because I miss the space, the fact that it wasn't full of boxes, and the cozy memories of being a family there (especially this time of year).
10. Above all, it's a process. One hour (and box) at a time. God is good. Pretty soon, the move will just be a memory, and we'll settle into our new life.
|the view from our mattress|
|one corner of the living room (notice I hung curtains yesterday: instant gratification!:)|