CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Master Bedroom

Our Master Bedroom:
The master bedroom has an unique ceiling that is painted in 3 colors: white, pale blue-gray, & a bit darker blue-gray. Walls are painted with the pale blue-gray. The floors are dark -stained concrete. I have a mid-sized oriental style rug with golds, browns, & hints of the wall blue. My husband was given the queen-sized bed, dresser, & bedside table when he was a teenager- it was a light, honey oak. He surprised me by staining it a very dark espresso. Later I distressed the furniture with sand paper. The bed is dressed with linens I found at Marshalls, including an orange quilt to spice it up a bit. My newest purchase for the room is a round mirror from Target. I've displayed family pictures & pottery. Above the bed I hung 3 square metal pieces from Southern Living at Home. The lamps were an inexpensive purchase from Wal-Mart. From Pottery Barn (clearance) I found the white panels.





I definitely have more work to do in here. I haven't done much to it since initially moving in two years ago. I have some ideas floating around...

1 comment:

  1. Love your room! Just realized my comment didn't take! You are so talented, and I really wanted to see all your decorating when I visited the other day! I will have to plan another trip to see you! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)