CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving

Ron & I hosted Thanksgiving dinner this year. Papaw, Aunt Bobbie, Uncle Steve, Mom, Dad, Brittany, Job, Reid, and Grace spent the day with us. Everyone brought wonderful food. We started the day with watching bits of the Macy's Parade and doing last minute straightening up while Ron was working on the turkey. When everyone arrived, we ate lunch. Then the guys visited/watched football while the girls continued to visit around the table. We talked about Christmas and shopping and our kids. I enjoyed it so much. After our out-of-town guests left, we took Ava and Reid outside to play until it got dark.
As much as I enjoyed the relaxing day with my family, my heart broke for Ron. I know the holidays have to be incredibly hard for him, especially this year, his first Thanksgiving without either of his parents. His brother wasn't able to come here this week. I'm so thankful for the times we shared with them.

My sweet baby on her first Thanksgiving

After 37 attemps, this is the best we got of all;)

turkey crafts!

Ava created a table decor for everyone.

This pic cracks me up! Reid was not happy about our photo shoot.

THANKFUL for these three precious people!

Addison, me, & Papaw

These girls have the best great-aunt ever.
 
My girls!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Brooke! Love the pics and your outdoor furniture! What an honor to host Thanksgiving and have sweet memories with your family as well as reflect on memories of Ron's family. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ava's table decor! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Thanks:)