CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Livin' Life

The Mayfield family has been BUSY lately!

One of my many reasons for blogging is to keep a family scrapbook....I know I need to do a better job of keeping up with stuff. This is kinda long.
  • Ron's 32nd birthday! My mom and I made him some of his favorite foods for dinner on his birthday. Our menu was poppy seed chicken, homemade mac-n-cheese, pear salad, green beans, & red velvet cake
  • Ava's funnies: "Mom, do you like how I colored this koala bear?" And she also 'decorated' a shelf with accessories, stepped back a few steps, put her hand on her hip, and tilted her head to the side, and admired her handiwork (she's only seen me do this a million times in her little life!) HA.
  • Ron's mom visited for the week. We haven't seen her since Thanksgiving. We all had fun!
  • I went to dinner with my sister-in-law, Kayla. She crocheted the cutest hat for Ava!!
  • I got some awesome deals at Dillard's. I love clearance & my husband's discount!! ;) I got four items (a pewter bowl for a bridal shower, a versatile dress, shoes, & a table runner). Retail $192; I paid $47!
  • I am going to be an aunt again; Ron's brother Danny will be a daddy around the end of September!! 
  • Ava started ballet & tap class on Feb. 1st. She's especially excited about it because her friend Mary Abbott is in the same class!! We had fun finding all of her gear: ballet shoes, tap shoes, leotard, tights, tutu, and leg warmers (Ron searched far and wide for those pink leg warmers for her:). I was pleasantly surprised to learn that certain Payless Shoe Stores have a dance shoe section. The dance class had a Valentine's Party this week which means lots of fun (and candy). 
  • This time Supper Club was at my friend Ashley's house. I am amazed by Ashley's attitude and outlook on life; she's content and so sweet. It's always great to hang out with my old friends!
  • We had family date day; we started it with lunch at Red Robbin, followed by a carosel ride at the mall and Ava's first trip to Toys r Us and the Disney Store. It was so much fun. Then Ron surprised me with a Victoria's Secret gift card. At the end of wonderful days like this, I get a little sad because I don't want the day to be over.
  • In mid-January, my friend Jesse asked me to proofread/edit a book she was working on for a writers' convention/competition. I was honored that she asked. As I read her book, an idea formed: With my formal training and seven years work as an English teacher, I could do this--from home!! I went to vistaprint.com and made business cards. Jesse leaves tomorrow for Colorado and will be distributing my cards. She is a talented writer!!! I can't wait to hear about her trip.
  •  I was sick last weekend and had to miss the Superbowl Party with our friends:( Yuck! Ron and Ava went though and had a great time. I stayed in bed and watched 19 Kids and Counting; I LOVE that show.
  • And right now, as I type, there are big, pretty snowflakes falling. My school is closing tomorrow... Hmmm.... I see a pajama and movie day coming soon;)

1 comment:

I love reading comments! Thanks:)