- Niki and I had been walking/jogging in the month of August at night, but it was hard to maintain with husbands, children, night classes, church, and softball games. SO we finally admitted to ourselves that it was time for EARLY morning workouts. It hurt my feelings that I would be waking up even earlier and missing my quiet blog-reading time...but little did I know-- it became one of my favorite times of the day. We are currently in our 13th consecutive week of morning workouts. We typically work out four days/week. It always starts with a cup of coffee and conversation at 5:15-ish. First we did p90x, and it's great, except the length of the workout was a bit much. Next, we did Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred which is great. Now, we are on our fourth week of running. I think I'm addicted! I have never in my 29 years been a runner, but with the Pandora radio on my phone and sheer determination, I am doing it!!!
- I was addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper, but I haven't had a carbonated beverage in almost 3 months! It really helps with bloating.
- For the past month, I've been eating according to a plan called Prism. It's a Christian-based healthy lifestyle that lots of men and women are doing at our church. In a nutshell: no white sugar, no white flour. What an adjustment! It works without a doubt though!
- My weight had been fluctuating between 152-156; last Saturday's weigh-in: 145.2. Yay, finally some progress!
- A few things that make it easier are Laughing Cow Cheese, grapes, sugar-free coffee creamer, lots of water, Crystal Lite, grilled chicken, brown rice, and eggs.
- I got a new hair cut and highlights last week too. I think doing little nice things even when you're not completely happy with your weight definitely helps!
courage for the week 3.26.17
13 hours ago