- Ava and I went to see Jeanine and Baby Jilly. They live about 1.5 hours away, so we don't see each other as much as we'd like. It was so much fun to see Jeanine in action with her precious newborn and all of her beautiful Christmas decor. On the way home, we stopped at the mall to finish up a few Christmas gifts! Have you been to Ulta? I could have spent a fortune in there!
- Ron and I had attended his work's Christmas party. It was at his boss's home in the country-- so nice (His wife had decorated seven trees- whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it.) We ate dinner and played a hilarious game of Dirty Santa.
- I loved being out of school for a month!! One fun memory was Ron and I watching Home Alone (my fav), wrapping presents, putting Ava's gifts together, and surprising her:)
- Christmas with the Girls- Our 17th (I think) Annual Party was fun like always! I laughed until I hurt. We just pick up where we left off, and I love that. Dirty Santa is really fun because everyone brings great gifts:) This year was our first Tacky Christmas-themed party.
- Ava and I were "kidnapped" one night by friends from church, Lori & Kacie, to go see Christmas light. They were prepared with blankets and lots of snacks. Sweet!
- Christmas Eve Eve was spent at my grandpa's house with my aunt, uncle, mom, dad, sister, bro-in-law, nephew, and daughter (Ron had to work all day). It was a nice, laid back kinda of day. Then Ava and I spent the night with my parents.
- Christmas Eve was spent at my parents' home all day for the first time ever. Normally, we travel more that day, so it was wonderful to just be able to not rush. We all made yummy favorites including my two favs: Dad's fudge and Mom's cheese ball. We exchanged gifts, watched Ava & Reid play, and enjoyed visiting. Britt and I did a Christmas craft with the kiddos. Ron, Ava, & I spent the night:)
- On Christmas Day, the three of us went to our church for a beautiful service. I was so excited because Ava was asked to sing with the praise team (she goes to practice each week with Ron while I teach and LOVES to sing).
- The downside to the holidays were the horrible sinus infections that Ron and I both got! Mine lasted almost two weeks:(
- I got into a cleaning/organizing/tossing stuff spree!
- I had a great doctor's appointment. Everything looks great, and Baby #2 is a GIRL!
- We spent New Year's weekend in Missouri with Ron's family. It was nice to get away and do something different for a few days.
- This time of year makes me stop and think about the blessings in my life. I looked at my family and felt such gratitude to have them. What a gift.
- I also took a few trips down memory lane. I had an emotional time of missing my grandmothers at Christmas and missing Ron's dad. And, Ron and I didn't exchange gifts this Christmas, but he surprised me with the sweetest letter that recounted memories in our dating relationship and marriage. The sweetest gift.
|New Year's Eve with the Mayfields|
|My sweet girl who loves posing for the camera.|
|Jeanine & Jilly (courtesy of Ava's photography:)|
|Ava's Christmas presents from us|
|Who knew stick-on earrings could be so exciting?|
|Christmas with Old Friends! Love them!|
|Off to see Christmas lights|
|The getaway driver|
|My favorite two little ones in the world|
|Cute pink Toms from Mimi & Papa (Ava calls them Tums)|
|Christmas with Ron's family|
|Thanks for the fireworks, Uncle Danny!|